Cushings disease (hyperadrenocorticism) is a relatively uncommon disease that is mostly found in middle aged to older dogs. It is caused by a benign or malignant tumour in the pituitary or adrenal glands. It can also be caused by prolonged use of steroids. The condition causes the adrenal glands (which sit on top of the kidneys) to produce too much cortisol.
Why did we create the Probiotic Gut Support for Dogs and Cats. And what sets it apart from other probiotic blends for animal on the market.
Turmeric is one of the most versatile and well researched herbs on the planet, with over 6,000 studies to its name. It possesses incredibly diverse...
A cough can be a sign of something very mild or serious in your pet. Coughing is something that should be investigated by a Vet to make sure it’s not serious. Coughing can be a sign of heart failure, pneumonia, canine distemper or influenza.
To summarise, If you want to get on top of skin allergies
- Food and environmental allergen test: (to see what triggers you can eliminate or minimize)
- Heal the Gut: (Leaky gut is a major contributor to allergies starting and intensifying)
- Diet: A raw species appropriate diet is essential in general and everyday health. (obviously free of food allergens and intolerances)
- Herbs: Promote healing and lessen histamine release, balance the immune system.
- Topical Sprays: Soothe the outward itch and let the skin heal and fur grow back.
I am a passionate small animal naturopath because I have seen and know how effective herbal medicine and nutrition are in every area of health. Arthritis can be helped imenseley with natural medicine. Nutrients can help to slow degeneration like MSM, Glucosamine, therapeutic dosing would need to be obtained through supplementation, assisted by a species appropriate diet.
There are many herbs that are proven to lower the pain and discomfort of osteoarthritis in animals. Turmeric for example blocks more pain pathways than any other known herb, and devils claw is a potent pain killer that is specific for the joints. Natural Pet Supplements Joint Support Herbal Tincture contains a blend of herbs that reduce the pain and discomfort associated with osteoarthritis.